31.Mrs. Blanca Hodge started her new job in January 1968 by making quite a few changes.
32. In 2017 the library building was hit by hurricanes Irma and Maria
33. The collections, archives, computer lab, and equipment were damaged , destroyed or stolen.
34. In December 2018, the building needed to be closed
35. In March 2019, the library reopened on the second floor of the Adolphus Richardson Building at the W.A.J. Nisbeth Road #3 in Philipsburg.
36. The library's first satellite opened on January 11, 2021, in Cay Hill.
37. The library second Satellite opened on July 16, 2021, in Belvedere
38. Cyber Senior Classes is on high demand at the Sint Maarten Library
39. library virtual story time,” Raising Readers ages 0-5 and Creating Readers 5 -12 ” are aired twice per week on the library's Facebook page on Wednesday and Saturday.
40. The Sint Maarten Library catalog is available on - line and can be accessed through the website www. library.sx - Collections Book Catalog
41. Did you know that the library is part of the ACURIL organization - Association of Caribbean University Research Institutional Libraries? It is the voice of libraries, museums, information centers, and information professions in the Caribbean. ACURIL offers a regional network for exchanging ideas and promoting international collaboration, research, and development in all areas of information and knowledge.
42. Did you know that the Sint Maarten Government subsidizes the library?
43. Did you know that Children's Book Week started in the PMIA Hall, with educators from Sint Maarten? There were exhibits and displays throughout the entire library.
44. Did you know that the library is a place where authors, both near and far, came to conduct research for their books? The library serves an archival function, Making it an ideal resource for preparing speeches, papers, or exploring general history. You can find a wealth of information in the library.
45. Did you know that the Sint Maarten Library has a collection dedicated to authors, featuring the works of most of Sint Maarten's authors or books written about Sint Maarten?
46. Did you know that the library had a meeting room where service clubs, such as Rotary clubs and various other organizations, held their meetings?
47. Did you know that the library is a member of APLA - the Antillean Public Library Association, where library courses were offered for staff members?
48. The library holds "Open House" events to inform the general public about the different organizations that serve the community.
49. Did you know that there was one board member, Mr. Franklyn Conner, who always treated the staff to cake on his birthday? May he rest in peace.
50. Did you know that the meeting room at the Philipsburg Jubilee Library on Voges Street was dedicated and named after one of the Presidents of the library board, Mrs. Marjolijn Richardson – van Lieshout? May she rest in peace.part 1Part 2